Yay! Its Thursday and I have some good news to share.
Marian Lanouette, writer, has passed The Beautiful Blogger Award to me. I am pleased, honored and grateful. Thank you for poking me Marian! Marian writes mysteries with romantic elements. Her first novel and the first in the series, If I Fail, A Jake Carrington Mystery, will be released in September 2012 by MuseItUp Publishing. Marian is from Brooklyn like me. Yay Brooklyn. Check out Marian at www.marian-l.blogspot.com.
And another thank you to Casey Wyatt, whom I think awarded it to me a few months ago. But I wasn’t ready to accept such a distinguished standing. She publishes two posts every Friday. If you have a chance check out her blog at CaseyWyatt.com and Secrets of 7 Scribes blog, you’ll be glad you did.
Life is busy for me, always; great and grinding, I seem to find it easy to dig my own grave. Digging out is difficult, but not when you are creating and sharing like when I am doing this blog.
And here are the rules for the award, which I’m not going to follow to the letter. I like to create my own rules now and then.
Rule 1 – Share seven things about me. I’ll do six.
1. The first is above. I like to tailor the rules from time-to-time.
2. I am bionic. Pins hold me together at the hip and my tennis-serving arm.
3. But I maintain my membership in the professional tennis teaching United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA). I taught tennis for twenty years. The painting below is in the USPTA Houston headquarters.
4. We own three cars, but there are only two of us.
5. I failed history in High School, but I founded a school of interior design and had to teach it!
6. My favorite book is “Gone with the Wind.” And I am writing an Historic Romance.
Rule 2 – The next rule is to pass the award to seven bloggers. I am passing it on to five.
The award is passed to:
3.Thea Devine,Thea is the author whose books defined erotic historical romance. Romantic Times calls her “The Queen of Erotic Romance,” Affaire de Coeur: “… the divine mistress of sensual writing …” www.theadevine.com
4. Julianne Stirling, ASID, (American Society of Interior Designers). Julianne is an interior designer extraordinaire, President of her own company. You can find her blog in her website links. www.stirlingdesignassociates.com.
5. David Dunlop, David is an amazing artist, lecturer and teacher. He shares his knowledge and artistic skills with his students. His students follow him here in the USA and across the seas. www.paintingclass.net/blog.
Do you have a favorite most beautiful blog?
This was fun and a change of blog direction. Last week was the start of color, come back next week for more.